Sunday 9 August 2020

A message for the lost!

 

A message for the lost!

 

A long time ago, I found myself lost and alone. The sky filled with clouds and my heart sang a mournful tune.  The more time that passed the more lost I became. Every new scene brought new feelings of woe and loneliness.

Nothing familiar could be seen and confusion threatened to swallow me up like a monster from a fairy tale world. My world passed by and each time it did I felt alone and more lost than ever before.

I searched everywhere for something familiar, but nothing appeared.

That is when I stopped! I calmed myself down and controlled my breathing.

I became aware of where I was, who I was and my presence in both. I realised the time that had passed was not retrievable but my eyes now open could see the path ahead. I was not alone and was where I was always meant to be surrounded by those I love, who tried to find me but seemed unable.

When I looked around, I saw my friends, my family and they were all staring at me with tears streaming down their cheeks.

I blinked, they reacted instantly, smiling and as one in perfect unison stated, “You’ve come back to us!”

Though this feeling overcame me many more times, it could never settle long because those I love found it easier to find me and guide me home.

Those feelings reoccur but I know I am a mountain and know life throws storms to weather me, I will not wither away. I will never be lost for all can see. I will last!

No comments:

Post a Comment